As you stroll the cookie aisle in the grocery, the familiar yellow box filled with chocolate chip cookies that says Famous Amos Cookies was created by Wally Amos. He first began selling cookies in 1975, after receiving some start-up money from several close friends, including the late singer Marvin Gaye, to open a store on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles. By the early 1980s, demand was rising, so Amos decided to mass-produce the cookies. He also created Uncle Wally’s Muffins and the Cookie Kahuna.
- Community Block Party: Saturday 9/2/23 at King Community Campus July 31, 2023
- Press Release: Freeport NAACP Branch Recognizes Importance of Graphic Arts in the Black Community May 15, 2023
- League of Women Voters and Local NAACP Host FHN Presentation on Regional Healthcare Needs, Including Emphasis on Minority Care March 23, 2023
- NAACP Freeport Celebrates Black History Every Day! March 2, 2023
- Ruby Bridges: Black History Month Spotlight February 28, 2023
- Ida B. Wells: Black History Month Spotlight February 27, 2023