I am proud to bring you greetings from the Freeport Branch of the NAACP. Our Branch is in its second year of reactivation and continues to advocate for social, educational, political, and economical change.
The NAACP has had a long and glorious history and I am honored to have been elected as the President of the Freeport Branch #3039 in May of 2021 to contribute to the NAACP history. Our mission is to achieve equity, political rights, and social inclusion by advancing policies and practices that expand human and civil rights, eliminate discrimination, and accelerate the well-being, education, and economic security of Black people and all persons of color.
There is a place in the NAACP for all who believe in our purpose, and I extend to you a special invitation to join us by becoming a member/life member to continue being a voice, fighting for justice and equality for all. As you may know, our work is done by the following committees. Visit our website at www.naacpfreeport.org to see the role each committee plays in the NAACP. I hope that you will find a committee from this list that appeals to your interests and talents and I encourage your participation on a committee of your choice. We need community members who are willing to fight the “good fight”. We need you! There’s much work to be done and everyone has a part to play. Are you ready?
If you are not a member, please join the oldest, the largest, the most effective, the most respected, the most feared, the most loved, Civil Rights Organization – the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).
The Freeport Branch of the NAACP grieves with the many families who have lost loved ones to the senseless gun violence experienced throughout our community. We have a voice that can bring about change in our community. It’s time for us to get into some “good trouble” and take back our streets. We join with other organizations and agencies in addressing the violence and we need your continuous support.
In times like these, our Branch is very fortunate and proud to have dedicated officers, members and friends of the NAACP who provide sponsorship and support. I would like to thank our Officers and Executive Committee Members for the excellent leadership they have shown.
- Vote on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 to:
- Elect candidates who support policies that improve the lives of all citizens, including Black and Brown people;
- Elect U.S. Senate and Congress members that pass laws that impact the right to vote and police accountability.
- Elect our next IL. Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, Treasurer, Comptroller, State Senate Dist. #45, State House of Rep. Dist. #90,
- Remember, the issue of Home Rule is also on the ballot. “Shall the City of Freeport remain a home rule unit of government?” Research the pros and cons.
- Branch Elections for the 2023-25 calendar year. If you are a member, and interested in running for an office, more information will be shared at the September 26th General Membership meeting.
Yours in the struggle,
Patricia Norman, President
NAACP Freeport Branch #3039