CONTESTNAACP Freeport Branch #3039
A Celebration of Our Stories: T-Shirt Contest
Entry Deadline: April 16, 2022
About the Contest
NAACP of Freeport, IL is accepting submissions for T-shirt designs for our Freedom Fund 2022. Freedom Fund supports local programs and activities for the Freeport Community. Show your creativity and enter the contest and your design could be chosen as one of three t-shirts designs that will be available for sale to the public. The T-shirt theme is “A Celebration of Our Stories”.
There will be three different T-shirt designs chosen for sale to the public in 2022.
- February – Black History Month (2023)
- June – Juneteenth
- October – Equity & Justice
Contestants can submit one design based on the theme OR a series of designs – one for February, June and October.
T-Shirt Design Contest Prizes
- Series Winner – will be featured on the official NAACP Freeport, IL website. Recognition through media outlets including social media. The designer will receive a $100 Amazon gift card and three t-shirts.
- February’s Winner – will be featured on the official NAACP Freeport, IL website. Recognition through media outlets including social media. The designer will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and two t-shirts.
- June T-shirt Winner – will be featured on the official NAACP Freeport, IL website. Recognition through media outlets including social media. The designer will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and two t-shirts.
- October’s Winner – will be featured on the official NAACP Freeport, IL website. Recognition through media outlets including social media. The designer will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and two t-shirts.
T-shirt Contest Rules and Guidelines
Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
Design must include NAACP Logo.
Design will appear on the front of a solid color t-shirt. The t-shirt colors will be black, heather grey and navy blue.
Your design must be original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it and that it does not contain any copyrighted material, including images/copy found on the internet.
Artists can submit three entries for the series. Entries can be submitted by an individual or as a collaborative effort.
Collaborative entries should use the name of your group when possible. No entry using the name of a company will be accepted. Recognition on NAACP Freeport, IL website and social media will go to the collaborative. Collaborative is responsible for determining how any prize will be shared within the group. The prize amounts remain the same regardless of the number of participants in the collaborative.
Design submission should be saved to 300 dpi to produce a quality output. Acceptable files are high resolution, JPGS, TIFFS, AI and EPS files.
Hand-drawn entries will NOT be accepted.
Entries must be received by April 16, 2022 and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
All email entries should have the subject line NAACP Freeport, IL T-shirt Design Contest + Designer(s) Name
The winner will be announced publicly in May 2022.
All entries become the property of NAACP Freeport, IL.
It is not required that the theme words A Celebration of Our Stories are on the t-shirt, but we encourage you to relate the design back to the theme.
Winner promotes the sale of t-shirts through their social media platforms.
Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
Concept and originality
Captures theme: A Celebration of Our Stories
Striking and memorable design
Visibility – eye catching and visible from a reasonable distance
Completeness of design and readiness for printing
Feasibility of reproduction – must be easy to reproduce
Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines
A photo of the winner will be included in NAACP promotion of the contests.
How the winners will be notified
- Winners will be notified by email, via the information provided during the entry. At the sole discretion of NAACP Freeport, IL, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner my result from any of the following:
- Winner’s failure to respond to notification within three business days after its transmission. The return of an email notification as deliverable after three attempts
- Winner’s failure to provide original design files.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual or collaborative will be declared a winner of the contest via media, social medial.
Submission Guidelines and Agreement
All entries should be submitted to email@example.com with a completed registration form.
You must be 18 years or older to submit an entry. If you are under the age of 18 you may still create and submit a design, but you must have written parental consent.
NAACP Freeport, IL will have first printing rights to the winning design. By submitting you agree that if your design wins, it can be used by NAACP Freeport, IL on a t-shirt and other promotional items. The winner and image of the design will be recognized through our media and social media.
Contest begins on February 1, 2022.
You must submit your design by midnight April 16, 2022.
Entries will be judged by a panel of artists.
NAACP Freeport, IL committee members are not eligible to enter.