Despite being the first licensed Black pilot in the world, Bessie Coleman (1892-1926) wasn’t recognized as a pioneer in aviation until after her death. Though history has favored Amelia Earhart or the Wright brothers, Coleman—who went to flight school in France in 1919—paved the way for a new generation of diverse fliers like the Tuskegee airmen, Blackbirds, and Flying Hobos.
- Community Block Party: Saturday 9/2/23 at King Community Campus July 31, 2023
- Press Release: Freeport NAACP Branch Recognizes Importance of Graphic Arts in the Black Community May 15, 2023
- League of Women Voters and Local NAACP Host FHN Presentation on Regional Healthcare Needs, Including Emphasis on Minority Care March 23, 2023
- NAACP Freeport Celebrates Black History Every Day! March 2, 2023
- Ruby Bridges: Black History Month Spotlight February 28, 2023
- Ida B. Wells: Black History Month Spotlight February 27, 2023